Sloth Sanctuary Tour Costa Rica
begins with a lovely canoe tour with Cali, our expert boatman/guide. Cali has been with us since the very beginning, nearly 40 years!! Take a relaxing, informative boat ride in a very large, stable canoe through exuberant riverine vegetation. See numerous river birds along the way and perhaps our resident nutrias (Costa Rican River Otters).
Time of Tour: More information below
Included: VIP Private Transportation and lunch
About Sloth Sanctuary Tour Costa Rica
The next part of the tour is our standard Buttercup Tour where you meet up with one of our Sloth Experts, daughter Ursula, grandson Jeff, or Claire, our delightful permanent volunteer.Enjoy a delightful introduction to the wonderful world of the sloth. Learn in-depth about these enigmatic animals through a short video and a talk about the history and importance of the sloth!
Choose 1 of 2 Options: 1. Breakfast Tour
– Arrive at Sloth Sanctuary at 7am.
– 7 to 8:30am:Canoe with Cali
-8:30am: Breakfast with Buttercup
-9am: Buttercup Tour (with other visitors)
-10am: Behind the Scenes (with your own private guide)
-11am: Visit to the Incubator Babies Nursery (with your own private guide) 2. Lunch Tour
– Arrive at sanctuary at 11am
11am to 12:30pm : canoe with Cali
– 12:30pm: lunch with Buttercup
– 1pm: Buttercup Tour (with other visitors)
– 2pm: Behind the Scenes (with your own private guide)
– 3pm: Visit to the Incubator Babies Nursery (with your own private guide) Arrival time is your choice, and each tour includes either breakfast or a light lunch with Buttercup. The tour is approximately four hours duration. We are open for tours Tuesday through Sunday, closed Monday. We do only two Insiders Tours per day, so you must reserve in advance. *The order of your tour may be different than described above, depending on weather conditions, etc.